Want To See More Than Seattle?
Are you coming to Seattle? You are in for an amazing adventure! You’re going to find a city that invites you to take in everything from sailing to shopping; mountain climbing to jazz concerts plus wonderful side trips to the whole State of Washington. That’s why I’ve created this site for you.
Hi. My name is Nancy. As a producer of travel videos about Washington, I have been to all corners of the Evergreen State with camera crews to record the key attractions:
from the shores of Puget Sound to Cascade Mountain peaks, from the Yakima wine country to the San Juan Islands and cities like Spokane, Tacoma and Walla Walla.
We’ve got lots of suggestions of fun places to visit for a quick day trip or longer getaways. Ready to get going? Click on my favorite side trips.
- Mt. Rainier
- The mountain you will most often see from Seattle is Mt. Rainier.
- Cascade Loop
- I’d like to suggest doing the Cascade Loop. This National Scenic Highway will let you see the best parts of Washington State.
- Olympic Peninsula
- Looking west from Seattle, across Elliott Bay, you'll see a vast mountain range -- Washington State's Olympic Peninsula.
- Look for the vampire and Bella at "Twilight"
- San Juan Islands
- It’s wonderful to cruise through the beautiful San Juan Islands.
- Leavenworth, Washington
- Are you ready for an authentic Bavarian Village up in the Cascade Mountains! It's Leavenworth
- Alaska Cruises
- Are you going to take an Alaska cruise from Seattle?
- I think a trip to Victoria B.C. takes you a world away.
- Vancouver B.C.
- You'll feel the energy of Canada's west coast city with a trip to Vancouver.
- Family Attractions
- Explore one of Seattle's many nearby attractions.
- Nearby Resorts
- I always enjoy staying at nearby resorts. These are some favorites.
- A car really isn't necessary. There are many transportation alternatives.
- Wine Country
- Do you know that Washington State is the second largest producer of wine in the nation?
- A trip across the Cascades on I-90 takes you to the city of Spokane
- Northwest Art
- Where to go to see collections of Northwest Native American art and culture.
- Check out these highly recommended golf courses near Seattle.
- Boating capital of America? We like to think so.
- Winter side trips can put you in the center of outstanding skiing in the Cascade Mountain Range.
- Travel Videos
- Watch a short preview of my Washington State Travel Videos.